Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's gonna be just like that movie Eurotrip! Only not...

I'm so incredibly excited for our trip, but now "nervous" has officially been added to my list of emotions towards it. I'm not worried about being homesick or disliking the places we go, just afraid that I'll feel like a total outsider and feel isolated. I've never really been the "new girl" and it's daunting to think of experiencing that in a place so different from the only country I'm familiar with.

On the flip side - and I guess it's odd coming from an American - but I actually look forward to the sensory overload: new smells, sights, textures, sounds - everything. Just from what everyone has been telling me of their own experiences makes me feel as though I've been starved from real colors and real flavor and real character, and I feel ravenous and depleted and I CANNOT wait to indulge with every sense.

Despite some very sudden, plan-altering, seemingly monumental, and highly unanticipated turns of events in the past 3 months, I'm happy about where the next 3 appear to be taking me! It looks like it'll be punctuated with a lot of travel and free time to figure out what direction I want to go in, which I desperately need. I'm getting the feeling that the universe just wants me to kick back and go with the flow.

So flow I will.


No comments:

Post a Comment