Sunday, September 13, 2009

And my love affair with food continues...


We've been having a great time since we arrived (which was only 18 days ago!) and I've been able to see, smell, touch and taste so much, yet it all adds up to only a fraction of what the riviera has to offer.

Every meal we've had at home has been superb, and surpasses most of even the nicest meals I've eaten in Donatello and Armani in Tampa. Last night we had sea bass in a tomato, garlic, and onion sauce with a side of steamed fennel and a fresh salad. On any given day, we have 10 cheeses in the fridge, all completely different and equally delicious - I only wish I could identify them for you! All I know, is what I like... which is nearly everything except anything that resembles blue cheese.
The cheese is particular to France, because unlike in the US, they don't pasteurize or process them, so they're much more aromatic and flavorful. (And here's a fun fact for you: because there's no processing, they also have a lot of probiotic bacteria, which is great for digestion.)

You just can't beat the tastes here.

And don't get me started on Fenocchio! Fenocchio is an ice cream place with 92 flavors, ranging from chocolate, cacao, vanilla bean, and coffee to rosemary, tomato basil, rose, and avocado. They have every fruit, flower, and even random flavors like vanilla with pink peppercorns. It sounds a little odd, but the flavor is so huge and real (no artificial "mango" in this place), it's indescribable.

So far I've had mango, stracchiatella (basically vanilla with chocolate chunks), lemon, peach, violet, rose, cactus, beer, nutella, lavender, hibiscus, and vanilla with pink peppercorn. Outstanding!

I'm finding that beyond the food, I'm getting more and more attached to this place as we go. There's so much beauty everywhere, sometimes I wish I could eat the scenes! It's a beautiful place, and so far I'm loving ever minute of it.

P.S. This picture to the right is a standard hot chocolate. It's basically melted fudge... and everything you imagine it to be is pretty accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment