Monday, November 9, 2009

Raw Chocolate Truffles

Do you really need a better intro than that?

I recently named the raw food chef Ani Phyo as being one of my favorite people. All of her recipes are simple and quick, and I finally took a crack at the one I've been drooling over for the past month: Raw "Superfood" Chocolate Truffles.

It's just a few ingredients, and since they're a little tricky to find in your local health food store (at least they are in Tampa), she has them packages in a Ready Made Kit that you can order for less than $10 and have it delivered to your doorstep.

I love dark chocolate, but the thought of eating a truffle comprised of nothing but pure cacao butter and pure cacao powder left me a little confused. Bitter is good, but that bitter? I don't know...

I was so wrong! These are delectable. They taste as if you're eating something right out of the Halloween candy stash, but they're packed with antioxidants, healthy fat, and minerals. Pure, raw cacao is one of nature's superfoods, so eat up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment