Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We're Gonna Get to 100 With This Thing!

I HAVE to get to at least 100!

There’re an infinite number of things to do on earth. And even if ‘infinite’ isn’t the right word, there are certainly more than a person can do over the span of one lifetime. But for some reason, I’m drawing a blank as to what other things I can add to my list. I’m already five days into this and I haven’t actually done anything. Sure, some things take a little bit of planning, and I have a few things lined up for the next two weeks, but I can’t think of 100! Seriously, I almost wish I did this for ’09, because I did a lot last year. Like a lot, a lot. I learned so many new things and did stuff I never even would have thought of like feeding monkeys by hand and taking a break from school. I took trips and spoke new languages and faced fears and made unexpected friends.

I think my brain is a little too comfortable and proud of all my teeny accomplishments from last year and is refusing to give me any more ideas for 2010. I would LOVE to ski, but I’ve looked into that one and financing a trip would run me a couple thousand at least after lodging, flights, and equipment. Plus the cost of food and any spending money...

Skydiving is another one that I could technically do, but I’m too terrified. I want to do it in my lifetime, but I’m scared of crossing two things off my list: jumping out of a plane and plummeting to my death. Oh, and projectile vomiting at 13,000 feet.

I’m definitely not an adrenaline junkie (I don’t think), but for whatever reason, I have this unrelenting desire to collect as many experiences as I can. One of my biggest fears is that I’ll be nearing the end of my life and think, “I should have been more free.” Not even the end of my life, but even by the time I’m 40 I don’t want to think that I haven’t done anything worth talking about. And I think we should ALL want this for ourselves. Why not?

Bottom line is, I want my life to make an awesome story.

Anyway, The Secret still hasn’t arrived! But…

2. Take a Bikram yoga class (or “hot” yoga)
3. Take pole dancing lessons! (In the name of fitness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment