Thursday, October 8, 2009

Europe Activities

We've had such a crazy week. Knowing it was the last one before we came back to Tampa, we wanted to make sure we got in all the major stuff.

We went scuba diving, drove to Eze which is famous for their perfume (and consequently spent a billion euros on beautiful scents - totally worth it), ate at a teeny weeny and very intimate 20-person restaurant and had a gorgeous dinner, slept in a castle, went to countless markets, went to Biot (the city where the glass with bubbles originated!), a botanical garden, went to a wedding, celebrated a 76th birthday, an 80th birthday, and a 53 year anniversary, had amazing family dinners (large family dinners... and I emphasize the word large here), and hiked a few mountain trails.

Get ready...

Biot Glass Blowers
Biot

Vieux Nice Market
Chocolate bread is AMAZING!

View form the apt at night
Our night view from the castle apartment...

Erin and Adrien
Family dinner for Adrien's grandmother's Birthday.

Erin and Adrien in Cap Ferrat
Villefranche

Big and Small
Villefranche again!

I'm sure I'm still leaving details out - we had an incredible time and some of my most memorable time spent was while I was eating! I've never had such delicious and tasty food in all my life.

After a very long and exhausting trip home and a teary goodbye at the airport, Adrien and I are back in Tampa enjoying friends and family, but looking forward to being able to go back.

I'll be around! ...talking mostly about food!

No comments:

Post a Comment