Saturday, October 17, 2009

Muckduck

My time spent in the kitchen these past few days has been minimal, I'm sad to report. I've been busy until much later than I'm used to and being a grown-up and stuff really cuts into my slacking-off-and-blogging time!

But, despite my lack of culinary adventures to tell, I DO have two things worth sharing.

One.

I eat a lot of different protein/raw/whole food/meal replacement bars. Not because I'm super weight conscious or anything, just because I happen to like trying the many varieties they come in. SO, with that said, I'm obviously an expert.
Also, since I'm 3, usually if I'm going to buy a bar like this there's an unspoken requirement that it has to have chocolate in there somewhere. I don't care if it's milk or dark or cacao or even that BS poser carob - just get it in there. So it was actually Adrien who hooked me on this berry one in particular. It's so delicious and satisfying to eat! It's just a teeny bit on the heavy side (so it actually feels like you've eaten), but with very little fat (5g) and calories (compared to other brands) and PACKED with raw sprouts and fruits and veggies - so you can't really go wrong.

Two.
Ani Phyo! She is such the cuteness! She prepares the easiest raw food that I've seen so far and with as few ingredients as possible, so it's easier on your budget than the 20-ingredient seaweed salad that requires every obscure kitchen accessory you can think of.
She also has about a dozen videos to hold your hand through the process if you're a raw food newbie.
I haven't made any of her recipes myself yet (that's next week's goal!), but I can't wait because they look dee-lectable.

It's 55 degrees here in Tampa tonight, so I'm gonna take advantage of the fact that my feet feel cold and shuffle off to bed in some cozy PJs.

G'night and happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment