Saturday, October 24, 2009

Parched

I've hardly cooked lately and I've been having separation anxiety from my kitchen.

So tonight I made some pitiful looking asparagus (I've never been able to make these guys properly) that were a little on the stringy side, BUT compensated with a DEE-LISH salad (I flatter myself, I know!) made with baby spinach, tomatoes, sea kelp, and salmon with a home made dressing... Olive Oil, Balsamic Vin, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Kelp Powder (in lieu of salt).

A dinner like tonight's is pretty standard in my house. Adrien and I are very health conscious and eat strictly organic foods and vegetarian and raw when I feel like it. But every once in a great while I see something that, despite breaking every food rule I follow, absolutely must be in my possession.

Thanks to CNBC and their stupid Biography show, Ben and Jerry's sold me on some seriously sinful ice cream called Half Baked.
Anything that boasts "gobs" of brownies and cookie dough is O.K. in my book (DON'T JUDGE ME!). You can't take a spoonful that's not brimming with something chewy and heavenly, and really, it took some serious self-examination before deciding on the high road and only taking a dainty few tablespoons.

I find it reprehensible that I - a yoga teacher and an organic food-aholic - would even have this in my freezer, but man. There it is.

Hats off to you, Mr. Ben and Mr. Jerry!

No comments:

Post a Comment