Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I heart France!

I loved France for so many reasons, but the main attraction for me was the total immersion in amazing food. Being back in Tampa, I miss it terribly. While in France, I'm convinced I found something I love more than any other "thing," and that's good food. I treasured meals that were so delicious I could fawn over every detail for a hour while we ate.

Every meal was exquisite, from the fancy and delicate, to the home cooked salmon that took just a few minutes on the grill with a fresh green salad.

So now that we're back, I'm trying to recreate France in my kitchen. It won't be completely the same, but I refuse to give up hope that my norm here can't mean scrumptious!

Tomorrow I'm shopping for ingredients for a pumpkin bread which I cannot wait for, as fall is one of my favorite seasons (even though it seems to be on backorder here in Florida where it's still 98 degrees...), especially when it comes to cooking - pumpkin, pomegranates, soups, and pies. Yum!

Excited for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment